Thursday, October 23, 2014



I can't breathe!


When I first decided I was going to get healthy I had no clue about fitness so I did what was logical to me-run.  I was never a fan of running.  In school, when we had to run the mile in PE I was miserable.  I have short legs and a bubble butt, neither are helpful when it comes to running.  Regardless, running seemed to be helpful for a lot of people so I laced up my only pair of sneakers and headed to a park near my house.  The loop around the park was about 3/4 of a mile.  I made it one time around and had to stop because I was gasping for air!  I was hot, sweaty and out of breath.  My body seemed to be crying out "Stop, I'm uncomfortable!".  I ran another lap, slower this time, then went home.  I kept running, but dreaded it every time.  I'm talking that deep down dread like when you're exhausted from a long days work but still have to go to the grocery store because there's nothing to eat at home kind of dread.  The worse part was I wasn't seeing any results.  I needed to do something different.  I discovered work out DVD's I could do at home (no, they weren't Beachbody, sorry).  I felt a little silly and awkward doing the moves at first but soon became a pro!  There wasn't a gym close by so at-home workouts were great for me.  That's where my transformation began-at home, by myself.  I believe if I can do it, anybody can do it.  I didn't have the support of a coach or a group of people I just kept showing up and doing the workout.  I did a lot of research on nutrition and learned my diet was more important than I initially realized.  I'm so excited for the opportunity to help others reach their fitness goals.  I wish I would have had a coach and a community of people to help encourage me.  I'm not an expert or some super-human.  I'm just an average woman with the same struggles as most women-hormones, time, family, cravings etc.  My journey is not over, I'm stil striving to be a better me, not just physically but emotionally, mentally and spiritually.  The first step is to start.  Will you take the first step?  If I can help in any way please let me know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment